Bank of America Credit Card Offers: Applications & Reviews
This post contains references to products from our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. The content is not provided by the advertiser and any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any bank, card issuer, airline or hotel chain. Please visit our to view our partners, and for additional details.
As one of the largest companies in the United States, Bank of America® provides a broad range of financial products including credit cards, loans, bank accounts, and mortgages. Its line of credit cards vary from low-interest options to rewards credit cards that award cash back and points you can use with many different airlines, cruise lines, and charities. Bank of America also makes it easy to research and compare its credit cards online, and if you choose, apply and receive a reply through its quick and easy online application process. Bank of America credit cards are also known for including special perks for its banking customers, making the variety of credit cards that much more attractive, especially to consumers who are already Bank of America customers. Whether you are already a fan or considering becoming one, there is no shortage of benefits with Bank of America.
How to Apply for Bank of America Credit Cards
Applying for Bank of America credit cards is particularly quick and easy, usually requiring that you fill out the online application and submit. You can first research the type of card you are interested in, whether you are looking for cash rewards, travel rewards, or a 0% introductory APR, and then select the card you want to apply for in just a couple clicks. In most cases, you receive a reply within minutes, letting you know that you are either approved for or denied the card of your choice.
Top Bank of America Credit Card Application Offers
Bank of America credit cards include nearly every type of quality credit card product and feature you could ever want. There is even an area to check for customized offers to find offers that don’t fall into your typical cash back or travel rewards options. Because of the sheer number of options available, there’s a good chance you’ll find the perfect card for your needs with Bank of America. These are our top picks.
Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card
The is one of the most popular cash back rewards cards available, offering 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas for the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter. There is currently an exclusive online offer for new cardholders of $150 cash reward if you make $500 in purchases with your card within the first 90 days.
Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card
The awards 1.5 points for each dollar spent on all purchases. You can redeem points for a statement credit towards a wide variety of travel purchases. The card also offers a bonus of 20,000 points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening the account.
BankAmericard® Credit Card
The is Bank of America’s low-interest card. It offers a 0% introductory APR on balance transfers made in the first 60 days for 15 billing cycles and on purchases, with a low variable APR after of 12.99%-22.99%. There is also a $0 Intro balance transfer fee during the first 60 days of account opening. After that, the fee for future balance transfers is 3% (min. $10).
How to Find the Best Bank of America Card Promotions
- Internet – Our Recommended Option. Although there are many ways to find the best Bank of America card promotions, we recommend the Internet as the easiest. Online promotions often include the most up-to-date offers and many are exclusive to online applicants, like some of the sign-up bonuses offered with various Bank of America credit cards. In some cases, you won’t be able to take advantage of specific offers unless you apply online. Plus, the Internet allows you to compare and research each credit card to ensure you find the best card and promotion available.
- Mail Offers. You probably receive different credit card offers in the mail from time to time. Mail offers generally include those that are more targeted to your household and are often prequalified or preapproved offers. Credit card offers that get to you by mail also usually include special reservation numbers and invitation codes for applying for specific promotions. Most of the time, these offers will direct you to a phone number to apply or sites such as mynewcard.com and bankofamerica.com/mynewcard. Although mail offers might seem more exclusive than others, if you want to ensure you get the best offer, we still recommend that you search online and compare offers before you actually apply for the credit card. Otherwise, you risk missing out on better offers that haven’t yet been mailed out.
- TV. Bank of America TV ads include families, animals, and even The Flying Branzinos, with various credit card promotions that reach a large audience quickly. Many of the ads on TV direct consumers to a phone number or a website like BankofAmerica.com for applying for the card or another financial product in the commercial. Although these types of promotions are entertaining and extremely catch -- almost guaranteed to reach thousands of prospective customers -- you don’t get all the information necessary for comparing and choosing the best offer available. Whether you are comparing different Bank of America cards or those with different card issuers, it’s important that you research and check out other competing offers first, rather than rely on the commercial as the best credit card offer available.
- Magazines/Newspapers. Magazine and newspaper ads still reach a large number of consumers looking for credit card offers. Although it isn’t the best way to choose a credit card, it is still an effective resource for finding new card offers. These offers, however, may be outdated depending on where you end up reading the magazine or newspaper ad. They do typically include a phone number or directions to BankofAmerica.com, which will always have the most up-to-date credit card offers with the bank.
- Bank Branches. Because Bank of America offers so many different financial products and you can link those products together, it may be a good idea to see what kind of offers are available when you visit the bank. Like the preferred customer bonus with some of its credit cards, Bank of America may also have special promotions for customers who go to the bank branch. Further, with more than 5,000 locations nationwide, there’s a good chance you’ll find one near you.
Credit Cards for People with Excellent to Good Credit
Bank of America offers credit cards for people with excellent to good credit, as well as those with no credit or people who have had credit problems in the past. However, if none of the products seem to fit your needs as well as you’d like, you can find the best balance transfer cards, low-interest cards, travel rewards, or cash back rewards credit cards on our lists below.
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Best Low Interest Rate Credit Cards
- Best Travel Rewards Cards
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards
Like this article? Pin it!